July 25, 2018: Political 23

Talk about the comic
Z6IIAB

July 25, 2018: Political 23

Post by Z6IIAB »

This brief visual commentary on how evil corporations use social movements as a façade to manipulate good people and mantain their shady schemes is so juicy. And so unfortunately true. I love it tho', I was waiting for something like that, thanks, Tat.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
cesarastudillo

Post by cesarastudillo »

My first post... Greetings from Madrid, Spain!

Been following Tat since 2001, loved Sinfest's feminist turn, somehow synchronized with my own feminist awakening.

I'm very excited about the Amber history arc. I suspect Tat wants to use it to hint some parallelism between "sex-positive", "pro-sex workers" liberal feminism and Amber's predicament.

Acritical, knee-jerk progressive reactions can lead us to accept anything that is sold to us using a frame of civil liberties... with the abolitionist approach to prostitution being reframed as puritan, freedom-hating. As I'm writing this, Amber seems about to sign. She may or she might not... From a storytelling perspective I want Amber to sign the contract so we can see the devices used by Big D to neuter the social justice discourse until it can wash the consciences of progressives and make cosmetic changes to society, but is no longer any threat to the statu quo. Then Amber will regret having, literally, sold herself to the devil. A difficult story to pull out, but we've seen Tat pullin out challenges worse than this one... Just speculating.
César Astudillo
progan01

Post by progan01 »

Welcome aboard, cesarastudillo.

As for what the D has in mind to neuter the social justice movement... see the July 26 comic.

Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy flight.
What is to give light must endure burning.

—-Viktor Frankl