Question.

Talk about the comic
Anise

Question.

Post by Anise »

Does anyone have a detailed outline of what the story is about now? I could give less of a fuck about politics and I just wanna know what thing got retconned and what didn't.
I'm just here to see Slick
Z6IIAB

Re: Question.

Post by Z6IIAB »

From what I gather: 2021 is being raised by conservative rednecks. Nique is starting to figure out american "left" wing ins't really left. Lil E and Tange keep on fucking around in D-man's mansion. Slick keeps working for D-Tech and is just like a leaf in wind. Squig keeps having some trips and seeing being confused by how things are right now in the world (of sinfest). I have NO ideia if Vanglorious will try anything now?
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Yeah it really feels like there are a host of new characters and like all the original cast save for three or four of them are pretty much just watching everything from the side. Even the Sisterhood and Kate. One Piece and South Park do come to mind in that those are cartoons where they haven't worked out the end yet, but are thinking it through. Theoretically there aren't any retcons.

My hunch is Tat knows like a third of how the ending will play out, the stuff that relates to the OG characters and such. The rest, like the years, are subject to what goes on in the real world. It also seems like there are some artistic commentaries on religious overtones whenever the High School flashbacks occur....

-Russly
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

tbh i don't think Tat wants to end sinfest anytime soon. I think sinfest is like, a life's job. It'll carry on until he dies of old age. Hopefully.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Russly

Post by Russly »

Yeah he'll add in as many years as he's alive won't he? The ending may occur eventually. In the meantime, it seems to have hit its stride!

-Russly
LoneCourier6

Post by LoneCourier6 »

Z6IIAB wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:05 pm Slick keeps working for D-Tech and is just like a leaf in wind.
I'll play Devil's Advocate to defend Slick there on working for D-Tech, given that it's a stable job, pays well enough to take care of his living situation, we don't know enough about his financials to say if he's in a secure place to find a better job that is more ethical given that all he is a cog in the machine, a wage slave (to use a term from Shadowrun). Squigley has the same job at that without catching any flak [Because he's a Stoner Pig?], and really they're their only friends left since we haven't seen them hanging with Criminy lately, 'Nique has left them behind without a second thought, so they can't exactly quit and get help from another friend until they get back on their feet with another job, though they could move in with each other, start saving and try to find something that isn't D-Tech Related?
The One Behind the Retrospective, enjoying the Older Things in life.

Keeping it going, The Retrospective Streak: 1(If I miss a day, reset the counter,if gone for 3, check my discord)
Discord: LoneCourier6#7257(Always happy to make a new friend)
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

LoneCourier6 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:53 pm
Z6IIAB wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:05 pm Slick keeps working for D-Tech and is just like a leaf in wind.
I'll play Devil's Advocate to defend Slick there on working for D-Tech, given that it's a stable job, pays well enough to take care of his living situation, we don't know enough about his financials to say if he's in a secure place to find a better job that is more ethical given that all he is a cog in the machine, a wage slave (to use a term from Shadowrun). Squigley has the same job at that without catching any flak [Because he's a Stoner Pig?], and really they're their only friends left since we haven't seen them hanging with Criminy lately, 'Nique has left them behind without a second thought, so they can't exactly quit and get help from another friend until they get back on their feet with another job, though they could move in with each other, start saving and try to find something that isn't D-Tech Related?
what
I just said he's like a leaf in the wind because his "arc" is completly shadowed and we don't know where tat is going with his narrative? dude, chill.