August 10, 2018: Demand 11

Talk about the comic
Newfish

August 10, 2018: Demand 11

Post by Newfish »

Mission Accomplished!

Seriously, he's speaking up and trying to help. That's nice.

Relatedly, I think it's interesting that between him and Slick, Squigley is the one getting something of a rehabilitation. Is it because Slick was the better character to get a mirror devil version, and therefore Squigley gets to try to help his friend? Or is because he was relatively unthinking to begin with, while Slick was at least trying to be devious and clever and manipulative?
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

I think is the latter. But yeah, I guess the joke is that you don't really make a difference if you try to talk people out of doing shit while high lol
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Rogue Kitty

Post by Rogue Kitty »

It feels more to me like most cases of men speaking up against patriarchy, all air and no substance. Sure, he said the words, but there was no force behind them and he didn't bother to stick around to have a real conversation or to make a real point.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Good point, rogue kitty.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Newfish

Post by Newfish »

Rogue Kitty wrote:It feels more to me like most cases of men speaking up against patriarchy, all air and no substance. Sure, he said the words, but there was no force behind them and he didn't bother to stick around to have a real conversation or to make a real point.
Yep. The problem is new to him, so he doesn't realize that people have tried that solution before.