I've never posted before

Politics, current events, culture
Inganni

I've never posted before

Post by Inganni »

I've lurked among the other forum for ages and never posted. (Mostly because I could never get registered properly, I suck.) So hello! *waves* Sorry but I'm going to use a lot of 'I, me' talk for this post.

Now I've read this comic religiously, mostly because of Squig. (I love piggies.) And not just since the start of the switch to Feminism. I used to have nasty, disgustingly internalized views that were racist and sexist and whatnot. I used to -like- the old comics.

When the change happened I was already growing up and changing as well. Things happened in the comic that often made me rethink values I held and pushed me to look up information. I became -very- active and proudly wore the 'SJW' label. I still am, in some respects, when my mental health doesn't get in the way. So Sinfest is an important part of my life, whether anyone knew or not.

So when more 'radical' points where being made I went and read about them. I was hoping I'd grow more. Well, I did, but not the same direction Sinfest did.

Swerfs n Terfs (Mm, sounds like a dinner) have had their place in feminism for a long time until Inclusive Feminism came along. Feminism as of the modern age can still be -very- racist too, as a side note. No one is perfect but what's important is that you learn and grow.

You changed once, just like I did, Tat. You've been growing as a person. Don't stop now! Don't just shut out those that you disagree with, like with this new forum. Please, I believe in you.
Razlynne

Post by Razlynne »

+1

Do dig radical feminism.
Do not dig being erased.
This message brought to you by Razlynne.
Inganni

Post by Inganni »

Personally I'm not open to radical feminism (depending on the type of course), but I'm willing to listen.

Which is a bit more than I can say for some other members of this forum. Or rather, this entire forum's reason for existing.

===

Also I was wrong about this being the first time I've been able to post. Due to certain issues I've been losing bits of memory. Guess my old misc. posts were a memory lost!