AnonFan

Post by AnonFan »

AnonFan

Post by AnonFan »

AnonFan

Post by AnonFan »

AnonFan

Post by AnonFan »

Wow! I was away for the past ~10 days and came back to all of this. I've just finished reading through almost everything (I gave up one some of the replies in one of the comics discussion threads as it was clear that there were some strong trolls present and it wasn't worth reading them all). It sure was a busy 1.5 weeks.

I agree that there are different classes of people, and arguing with true trolls is a waste of time and mental energy. This is clear. However, it is less clear to me where the dividing line is between troll and interested person looking to discuss. There have been some discussions since the start of this forum which I think were cut off too early, as I think that the person may have just been looking for discussion rather than active trolling, but I may be wrong about that.

Perhaps I am too naive or inexperienced here. I am by nature very introverted and have not discussed these topics in detail in public before such as on a forum. I often avoid fora or other means of open discussion because I find that they are often full of inane or offensive comments, or otherwise a waste of time. I believe that this is the first forum I have registered for in over a decade, and only because I have connected with the message and topics, and wanted to participate in some of the discussions. As a result, maybe I have just not yet been burned to the same extent in pointless interactions with others and thus am still more hopeful about the potential benefits of discussion.

I also think that these discussions may be more productive if more specific language is used, as I noticed this was a challenge in some of the recent discussions. It seems that not everyone coming to the forum understands the difference between "sex" (biological) and "gender" (conceptual, societal), and some people use "woman" to refer to the sex and some to the gender. I imagine that this distinction is very clear to most of the people commenting in this specific thread, but it seems to be less clear to others. Maybe I am again too optimistic, but I will personally try to make this more clear in my future posts.

Maybe this will all change with time, or maybe I am too optimistic about the intent of some of the people registering for this forum. However, I do think it could be beneficial to engage in some discussions a bit longer and to be more clear in the language used when doing so.

--AnonFan

EDIT: Sorry for all of the empty posts above - the forum was having difficulties when I tried to post, and it seems it made a bunch of empty ones. I would delete them if I could, but it seems that I am unable to do so.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

I guess everyone here is an adult. You do as you want, but I won't waste my time with trolls, no matter how much they believe in the bs they are spouting.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Z6IIAB

Re: PSA: Do Not Feed The Trolls

Post by Z6IIAB »

please guys. cmon. dark harlequin is a troll, anyone that thinks "women hating men" is the same as "hating black people" is a fucking role reversing troll. stop feeding that moron. Thanks.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Z6IIAB

Re: PSA: Do Not Feed The Trolls

Post by Z6IIAB »