Balance Ton Quoi

Politics, current events, culture
AnonFan

Balance Ton Quoi

Post by AnonFan »

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how much this has spread outside of the French-speaking world, but I thought I would share a recent mass-media song which is quite relevant to this forum. Don't worry if you don't speak French - the video has English translations the whole way through as subtitles.

In case you are not aware (again I don't know how this spreads outside of the French-speaking world), #balanceTonPorc is the French equivalent of the #MeToo movement . The song title, "balance ton quoi", is related to this expression.

Despite what she says in the video about how it would never be on the radio as her lyrics are not polite, I am happy to say that I first heard the song on the radio. So the message is being distributed. I won't say that the song is perfect, but I am happy to see something like this in the mass media.

In case the link doesn't work, search for "Angèle - Balance Ton Quoi"

-- AnonFan
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

that song is fun! gotta say, I was expecting it to be way more unpolite, but it was sweet - or maybe I'm just too rude hehehehe
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.