I am New Here and I'd Just Like to Say

Politics, current events, culture
SSmotzer

I am New Here and I'd Just Like to Say

Post by SSmotzer »

It doesn't matter what you are on the outside. You can be anything you chose to be, and I want you to be the best you that you can be.
janelane

Post by janelane »

Right on!!
shallow graves for shallow people
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

"new". cool.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

might I add: it doesn't matter what you like, do or think, that doesn't make you bound to rules or stereotypes. you don't have to change anything in your body to be who you wanna be. if it ain't a law, you're not obligated to follow it. and if it is a law, it might be an unfair one. challenge traditional morals and beliefs. change unfair laws. don't let yourself be limited by societal informal rules. accept yourself as you are ^^.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
janelane

Post by janelane »

I like your style, Celina
shallow graves for shallow people
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

janelane wrote:I like your style, Celina
right back at ya :wink:
Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I've been thinking carefully about whether or not to post, where to post, and what I should say. I don't expect a reply. I just feel like a few words are necessary since I have read Sinfest since 2003 and will not be after today.

First and foremost. Thank you Tat. From the bottom of my heart. I've enjoyed your webcomic a great deal. I especially enjoyed when you began commenting on society critically. I grew up with you, and my moral compass developed in a world where Sinfest played a small but important part.

I will not speak to SWERF, TERF, or radical feminism in general. My journeys with these subjects are private and my feelings extend no further than my own person. As a man who participates in patriarchy every day regardless of my willingness to do so, I think it's past time the voices who have been marginalized speak. My place is in living a life in contrast to society's expectations. However, reading Bell Hooks has led me to analyze the media I consume very carefully. Where do my beliefs end and internalized, but unassimilated, media begin? Who does the media I consume represent? Upon looking inward I found that Sinfest's message was internalized but resisted assimilation. Thinking about why this was led to some uncomfortable realizations.

I appreciate your journey. Thank you for being a part of mine. I wish you success for years to come.