Does anyone see the irony...

Politics, current events, culture
Post Reply
User avatar
janelane
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:49 am

Does anyone see the irony...

Post by janelane » Sun May 26, 2019 4:02 pm

of the amount of porn bots registering on this forum? They all come after one another and have jobs like "chemical technician" or "metallurgical something or other" and when you check the newest registered user their websites are always links to porn sites... First off I want to thank Tats for heavily moderating the space the way he does. I know you get a lot of flack for this but it gives me hope that this comic, and this space exist to tell the truth.

Second, the irony of trying to wear down a radical feminist space with links to porn sites is.... immense, honestly. Wow, you sure changed my mind about the exploitative nature of porn, random person trying to push it in an anti-porn space. That totally convinces me that porn isn't inherently rapey and exploitative. /s
shallow graves for shallow people

SSmotzer
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 2:04 pm

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by SSmotzer » Sun May 26, 2019 5:26 pm

But sex work is still work. The only reason it's as exploitative as it is is because it's pushed to the fringes of society and barely regulated. Studies have shown that any regulation of sex work drastically increases the health and happiness of all involved.

But yes, there should be a blacklist on links. This is a 13+ website after all.

User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by Z6IIAB » Sun May 26, 2019 5:43 pm

janelane wrote:of the amount of porn bots registering on this forum? They all come after one another and have jobs like "chemical technician" or "metallurgical something or other" and when you check the newest registered user their websites are always links to porn sites... First off I want to thank Tats for heavily moderating the space the way he does. I know you get a lot of flack for this but it gives me hope that this comic, and this space exist to tell the truth.

Second, the irony of trying to wear down a radical feminist space with links to porn sites is.... immense, honestly. Wow, you sure changed my mind about the exploitative nature of porn, random person trying to push it in an anti-porn space. That totally convinces me that porn isn't inherently rapey and exploitative. /s
wow, and I thought pornbots were only a tumblr phenomenon. the guys really don't go cheap with propaganda.
Last edited by Z6IIAB on Sun May 26, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Celina. I've been a fan since 2007, and tried to enjoy the old forum since then too. Now that we have a forum for radfems/people who actually enjoy the comic! Hell yes! I'll call up all my buddies here!! Armageddon is coming.

User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by Z6IIAB » Sun May 26, 2019 5:46 pm

SSmotzer wrote:But sex work is still work. The only reason it's as exploitative as it is is because it's pushed to the fringes of society and barely regulated. Studies have shown that any regulation of sex work drastically increases the health and happiness of all involved.

But yes, there should be a blacklist on links. This is a 13+ website after all.

Studies have shown that legalizing pimping has increased levels of sex trafficking and that ther Nordic model does work, because it offers a better way out for the 89% of prostituted women that want out of that bussiness. Selling your body is not a "job", it's paid rape. Especially because your body IS you and sex shouldn't be a commodity. Having sex is not a human right.
Call me Celina. I've been a fan since 2007, and tried to enjoy the old forum since then too. Now that we have a forum for radfems/people who actually enjoy the comic! Hell yes! I'll call up all my buddies here!! Armageddon is coming.

SSmotzer
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 2:04 pm

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by SSmotzer » Sun May 26, 2019 5:55 pm

Z6IIAB wrote: Studies have shown that legalizing pimping has increased levels of sex trafficking and that ther Nordic model does work, because it offers a better way out for the 89% of prostituted women that want out of that bussiness. Selling your body is not a "job", it's paid rape. Especially because your body IS you and sex shouldn't be a commodity. Having sex is not a human right.
Didn't say legalize pimping, that's very different.

Everyone sells their body, if consenting sex work is rape, then all work is rape. You need to be careful with how you use your words.

If you equate everything to rape, rape loses it's meaning. When everything was equated to Hitler, it made Nazis a joke, and now look where we are, neo-nazis staging rallies and electing puppet presidents.

User avatar
janelane
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:49 am

Post by janelane » Sun May 26, 2019 5:56 pm

Sorry, didn't realize I could accidentally contract AIDS flipping burgers at McDonalds :c
shallow graves for shallow people

SSmotzer
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by SSmotzer » Sun May 26, 2019 6:05 pm

janelane wrote:Sorry, didn't realize I could accidentally contract AIDS flipping burgers at McDonalds :c
If McDonalds was as unregulated as the sex work industry.... Maybe.

User avatar
October
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 am
Location: Eastern USA

Post by October » Sun May 26, 2019 6:06 pm

SSmotzer wrote:But sex work is still work.
No, it's exploitation. People are not things. Coercion, monetarily or otherwise, isn't consent. When there is no true consent, it's rape.

Or, as it has been quoted so well elsewhere (albeit bluntly): "When you find someone suffering from abject poverty and/or hunger, your response shouldn't be to try to stick your dick inside them."
"Because as we all know... there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself!" -Hannah Gadsby

User avatar
janelane
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:49 am

Post by janelane » Sun May 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Your implication that a utopian regulated sex industry means shitty abusive/std ridden men would just be shooed away from paying for sex is like. Really laughable. We don't live in that ideal world. We're in an all consuming patriarchy where women are drugged and raped on camera to film pornos and police don't give two shits about murdered sex workers, regulated or not. Wake the FUCK up, bro!
shallow graves for shallow people

User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by Z6IIAB » Sun May 26, 2019 6:44 pm

SSmotzer wrote:
Z6IIAB wrote: Studies have shown that legalizing pimping has increased levels of sex trafficking and that ther Nordic model does work, because it offers a better way out for the 89% of prostituted women that want out of that bussiness. Selling your body is not a "job", it's paid rape. Especially because your body IS you and sex shouldn't be a commodity. Having sex is not a human right.
Didn't say legalize pimping, that's very different.
No, it's not. Prostitution is already legalized. PIMPING isn't. That's what "legalize prostitution" actually means.
Everyone sells their body, if consenting sex work is rape, then all work is rape. You need to be careful with how you use your words.
Oldest falacy in the book. No one sells their body to other jobs, and if they do let themselves be physically abused and used, then it's not a job, it's abusive explotation. It's akin to slavery. And don't tell me how careful to be with my words just because you don't like them.
If you equate everything to rape, rape loses it's meaning. When everything was equated to Hitler, it made Nazis a joke, and now look where we are, neo-nazis staging rallies and electing puppet presidents.
No, I don't equate everything with rape. I equate prostitution with paid rape. Which it is. Don't try to twist or expand on my thoughts because you couldn't find and argument to face them upfront. That's dishonest and very transparent to everyone here to see.
Call me Celina. I've been a fan since 2007, and tried to enjoy the old forum since then too. Now that we have a forum for radfems/people who actually enjoy the comic! Hell yes! I'll call up all my buddies here!! Armageddon is coming.

abbreviation
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:54 pm

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by abbreviation » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:44 am

SSmotzer wrote:But sex work is still work. The only reason it's as exploitative as it is is because it's pushed to the fringes of society and barely regulated. Studies have shown that any regulation of sex work drastically increases the health and happiness of all involved.

But yes, there should be a blacklist on links. This is a 13+ website after all.
What's your personal experience with prostitution? As a former "sex worker" from the Nordic countries, with many "colleagues" in countries where it's legal to pimp and buy sex (the Nordic model is that it's legal to sell but illegal to buy or profit by the prostitution of others), I can tell you that you are way off. Women in the countries where prostitution is completely legalised are treated like cattle. And no, it's not work like any kind of work.

You know how doing something you love as a job can take away all the positive feelings you have for it - especially if you earn a lot of money? That happens in prostitution as well. Even if you love sex when you start, you quickly end up unable to get aroused, unable to feel sexual pleasure and revolted by sex. You get fucked up - literally. It took me a decade to recover physically (just being able to get aroused at all) from my time in prostitution. I will likely never recover psychologically.

I was not forced into prostitution and I had no addictions. Even when "sex work" is a choice, it's a choice that ruins you. It's not a choice that we should encourage people to make. Try to find women with personal experiences of prostitution who have quit and had the time to think through their choices, who are still pro-prostitution. You will be able to find active prostitutes who support "sex work" - because you freaking have to not to lose clients (or what's left of your sanity) - but good luck finding anyone who's out of the game and who agrees with you when you say that it's just like any other job.[/i]

User avatar
Z6IIAB
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am
Location: Rogue

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by Z6IIAB » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:35 pm

abbreviation wrote:
SSmotzer wrote:But sex work is still work. The only reason it's as exploitative as it is is because it's pushed to the fringes of society and barely regulated. Studies have shown that any regulation of sex work drastically increases the health and happiness of all involved.

But yes, there should be a blacklist on links. This is a 13+ website after all.
What's your personal experience with prostitution? As a former "sex worker" from the Nordic countries, with many "colleagues" in countries where it's legal to pimp and buy sex (the Nordic model is that it's legal to sell but illegal to buy or profit by the prostitution of others), I can tell you that you are way off. Women in the countries where prostitution is completely legalised are treated like cattle. And no, it's not work like any kind of work.

You know how doing something you love as a job can take away all the positive feelings you have for it - especially if you earn a lot of money? That happens in prostitution as well. Even if you love sex when you start, you quickly end up unable to get aroused, unable to feel sexual pleasure and revolted by sex. You get fucked up - literally. It took me a decade to recover physically (just being able to get aroused at all) from my time in prostitution. I will likely never recover psychologically.

I was not forced into prostitution and I had no addictions. Even when "sex work" is a choice, it's a choice that ruins you. It's not a choice that we should encourage people to make. Try to find women with personal experiences of prostitution who have quit and had the time to think through their choices, who are still pro-prostitution. You will be able to find active prostitutes who support "sex work" - because you freaking have to not to lose clients (or what's left of your sanity) - but good luck finding anyone who's out of the game and who agrees with you when you say that it's just like any other job.[/i]
I think it's awesome that you spoke up! But don't mind that troll. He was just here to annoy us. His account is probably deactivated by now lol
Call me Celina. I've been a fan since 2007, and tried to enjoy the old forum since then too. Now that we have a forum for radfems/people who actually enjoy the comic! Hell yes! I'll call up all my buddies here!! Armageddon is coming.

witchyxx
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:37 am

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by witchyxx » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:44 am

SSmotzer wrote:But sex work is still work. The only reason it's as exploitative as it is is because it's pushed to the fringes of society and barely regulated. Studies have shown that any regulation of sex work drastically increases the health and happiness of all involved.

But yes, there should be a blacklist on links. This is a 13+ website after all.
sex work is prostitution and it is inherently exploitative b/c it is the sale of women's bodies. regulation / legalization just creates a market. just look at Germany and all the issues that women are having there b/c of it. Nordic Model now.

witchyxx
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:37 am

Re: Does anyone see the irony...

Post by witchyxx » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:46 am

SSmotzer wrote:
Z6IIAB wrote: Studies have shown that legalizing pimping has increased levels of sex trafficking and that ther Nordic model does work, because it offers a better way out for the 89% of prostituted women that want out of that bussiness. Selling your body is not a "job", it's paid rape. Especially because your body IS you and sex shouldn't be a commodity. Having sex is not a human right.
Didn't say legalize pimping, that's very different.

Everyone sells their body, if consenting sex work is rape, then all work is rape. You need to be careful with how you use your words.

If you equate everything to rape, rape loses it's meaning. When everything was equated to Hitler, it made Nazis a joke, and now look where we are, neo-nazis staging rallies and electing puppet presidents.
this redic argument. no all work is not rape. all work does not require women to have sex with men they would NEVER fuck otherwise. men are so base. they think they are owed sex. men who pay for sex are the lowest of the low.

Post Reply