Ads

Politics, current events, culture
Unobservant

Ads

Post by Unobservant »

I've noticed Tatsuya has added ads to the comic pages its a real pity that once you have a ad company (he's using media.net) you have no control over dodgy ads being placed on the page that nobody should click on (big blue download buttons with no context :roll: )
pingupingu

Re: Ads

Post by pingupingu »

No ads that I can see. Are you sure your ISP isn't injecting them?
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

I use adblock so
lol
just use adblock already
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

I am glad this subject came up.
First of all, I had to turn off all 3 of my 'adblocks' in order to actually see the ads that Tat is using. On my browser they are at the bottom and very discreet. Of course I did not click on them.

I hate ads. They are an issue I strictly avoid - so much so that if I cannot find a way to get rid of ads, I will often avoid consuming that content.

That being said, I am totally in favor of creators making money off of their content and thus I am totally in favor of creators putting ads or whatever on their sites in order to make money from their creations. Artists deserve to make money from their art.

I have been seeing and not seeing the Patreon link on Tat's site for some time now and today I stopped being a hypocrite and signed up as a Patreon. You can do it for as little as $1 a month.

So, yes - get adbock - get several of them so you will never see any ads. But also, support your artists. Sign up on Patreon or buy their books and whatever else they sell.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:36 am That being said, I am totally in favor of creators making money off of their content and thus I am totally in favor of creators putting ads or whatever on their sites in order to make money from their creations. Artists deserve to make money from their art.

So, yes - get adbock - get several of them so you will never see any ads. But also, support your artists. Sign up on Patreon or buy their books and whatever else they sell.
agreed
also if I had money I would be a patreon already (or if I had a way to pay that didnt involve credit cards which I do not have lol)
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
jam3

Post by jam3 »

I have no problem with Tat making more money (but appreciate that he didn't do so years ago).

That being said, one of the ads was not friendly.