Please, do wear a mask.

Politics, current events, culture
Z6IIAB

Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Z6IIAB »

It's not just some mandated bs from the gov, it's an actual protective measure to ensure you don't contaminate or get contaminated by a deadly virus that won't go away soon because there's still LOTS of people who NEED to get vaccinated. Criticize the gov all you want, but those decisions ARE backed by hard science, and you can go an check the researches, preferiently throught reputable sources, not your right-wing conspiracy submedia, okay? Okay. This has been a PSA.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Tired Mama

Re: Please, do wear a mask.

Post by Tired Mama »

Yes. This. Thank you.

It's a bit weird to find something we 100% agree on, lol. But thank whatever powers may or may not be that it's masks and vaccines. If it weren't physically impossible (and a massive germ risk) I would shake your hand, my friend.
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Yes indeed - masks are so important.

I have taken to explaining to people that the vaccine is like having car insurance. But the insurance only works for your car and it does not prevent you from getting in an accident. It just helps you not have the worst outcome.

For those who are critical of masks I ask them if they think we should advise surgeons who operate on people to stop wearing masks. The mask works best to prevent us from spreading the virus. Depending on the type of mask it also can provide protection from virus exposure to the wearer.

Plus - don't gather in large groups in close proximity without masks - especially indoors.

And also - wash your hands. Not only will this help with the virus, it will keep you from spreading e coli and other bacteria.

Sheesh - I still observe people in restrooms do what amounts to ritualistic hand washing - water on the hands for a couple of seconds with no soap - all the while I am there scrubbing like prepping for surgery.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

RikkiTikkiTavi wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:47 am Yes indeed - masks are so important.

I have taken to explaining to people that the vaccine is like having car insurance. But the insurance only works for your car and it does not prevent you from getting in an accident. It just helps you not have the worst outcome.

For those who are critical of masks I ask them if they think we should advise surgeons who operate on people to stop wearing masks. The mask works best to prevent us from spreading the virus. Depending on the type of mask it also can provide protection from virus exposure to the wearer.

Plus - don't gather in large groups in close proximity without masks - especially indoors.

And also - wash your hands. Not only will this help with the virus, it will keep you from spreading e coli and other bacteria.

Sheesh - I still observe people in restrooms do what amounts to ritualistic hand washing - water on the hands for a couple of seconds with no soap - all the while I am there scrubbing like prepping for surgery.
thanks for the addition! I also scrub my hands properly like a surgeon, I mean, it's not hard and it's so effective. I wish people were well-informed...
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Tired Mama wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 pm Yes. This. Thank you.

It's a bit weird to find something we 100% agree on, lol. But thank whatever powers may or may not be that it's masks and vaccines. If it weren't physically impossible (and a massive germ risk) I would shake your hand, my friend.
Yeah, for someone who can't understand men and women as purely biological descriptors of humans, I'm glad to hear you do understand the importance of masks and vaccines when dealing with a deadly virus. Seem you're not immune to science after all haha.
Tired Mama

Post by Tired Mama »

Z6IIAB wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:57 am
Tired Mama wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 pm Yes. This. Thank you.

Yeah, for someone who can't understand men and women as purely biological descriptors of humans, I'm glad to hear you do understand the importance of masks and vaccines when dealing with a deadly virus. Seem you're not immune to science after all haha.

Well. That was possibly the most patronizing back-handed "compliment" I've ever received... thanks?
Tanagra

Post by Tanagra »

I do wear masks, and agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I've been making mine. They're not the greatest, but do have fusible non-woven interfacing.
Attachments
A mask I made.
A mask I made.
138107579_10223950535287301_4546706356013219333_o.jpg (179.66 KiB) Viewed 16654 times
NAS

Post by NAS »

Yah I don't understand why some people hate on the idea. I was telling someone how bad it was that one of the blm protests (It was nit a riot when I was talking about it, the riot didn't start till later so don't tell me it was a riot) for being super unsafe having that many people that close to each other, made even worse by the lack of masks on alot of the people, and someone tore into me for it.

Can't figure out why so many people have trouble with masks. Sure it's not 100 percent effective but even if you think it's only a small percent effective, thay small percent time a the entire population works out to a very large number of prevented cases
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Tanagra wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:55 pm I do wear masks, and agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I've been making mine. They're not the greatest, but do have fusible non-woven interfacing.
nice! I know the one being recommend at this point is n95, because it protects you and others. I hope vaccines keep going nicely in USA, I still have to get mine, but I live in Brazil so, you know... we got our own tropical Trump still, but worse. That guy is incapable of being a president, idk why he hasn't got impeach or interditated yet! It's horrendous.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

NAS wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:02 am Yah I don't understand why some people hate on the idea. I was telling someone how bad it was that one of the blm protests (It was nit a riot when I was talking about it, the riot didn't start till later so don't tell me it was a riot) for being super unsafe having that many people that close to each other, made even worse by the lack of masks on alot of the people, and someone tore into me for it.

Can't figure out why so many people have trouble with masks. Sure it's not 100 percent effective but even if you think it's only a small percent effective, thay small percent time a the entire population works out to a very large number of prevented cases
Between the anti-mask, anti-vaxx, flathearthers and transactivism, Idk how can yall breed so many different types of crazy people. All science-deniers, ignorants. Complete utter morons who think they know some sort of special shit no one else knows. They are just envious of people who actually worked their brains off to know how things work. Also, that those mad dumbasses influence the whole world, including my own country, is baffling. It feels absolutely hopeless. All offense, but a lot of the craziness in those groups was born in USA soil, and honestly, I'm not even surprised, just disappointed my people keep copying you all. Thank god, they all appear to be a minority. But unfortunately some of them have money and power and lobby this shit, which affects everyone. I'm just, really angry about it, it's one thing to be a fucking ignorant, it's other to infringe's in other's people's rights and health. The worst part, is that they think they are the ones getting their rights and health infringed? The lack of awareness on their part... it's imeasurable.
NAS

Post by NAS »

Z6IIAB wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:04 pm
NAS wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:02 am Yah I don't understand why some people hate on the idea. I was telling someone how bad it was that one of the blm protests (It was nit a riot when I was talking about it, the riot didn't start till later so don't tell me it was a riot) for being super unsafe having that many people that close to each other, made even worse by the lack of masks on alot of the people, and someone tore into me for it.

Between the anti-mask, anti-vaxx, flathearthers and transactivism, Idk how can yall breed so many different types of crazy people. All science-deniers, ignorants. Complete utter morons who think they know some sort of special shit no one else knows. They are just envious of people who actually worked their brains off to know how things work. Also, that those mad dumbasses influence the whole world, including my own country, is baffling. It feels absolutely hopeless. All offense, but a lot of the craziness in those groups was born in USA soil, and honestly, I'm not even surprised, just disappointed my people keep copying you all. Thank god, they all appear to be a minority. But unfortunately some of them have money and power and lobby this shit, which affects everyone. I'm just, really angry about it, it's one thing to be a fucking ignorant, it's other to infringe's in other's people's rights and health. The worst part, is that they think they are the ones getting their rights and health infringed? The lack of awareness on their part... it's imeasurable.
Unfortunately people suffer from a number of psychological ticks that cause them to ignore certain realities when they challenge any underlying view they hold. Doesn't matter where they live in the world this is true. Currently people point to the USA and say look the extreme example of the man on the right that thinks everyone is lying about the climate to trick me, or the extreme example of the woman on the left who thinks that everyone's lying when they say men are stronger/faster than women.

Yes they both are crazy to ignore the facts but I'd bet whatever country you come from has similar extremes. Long winded way of saying your throwing stones from a glass country too.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

NAS wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:12 am

Unfortunately people suffer from a number of psychological ticks that cause them to ignore certain realities when they challenge any underlying view they hold. Doesn't matter where they live in the world this is true. Currently people point to the USA and say look the extreme example of the man on the right that thinks everyone is lying about the climate to trick me, or the extreme example of the woman on the left who thinks that everyone's lying when they say men are stronger/faster than women.

Yes they both are crazy to ignore the facts but I'd bet whatever country you come from has similar extremes. Long winded way of saying your throwing stones from a glass country too.
So, i don't really care if you're mad about it. USA ain't shit. I won't apologize or tone down, because it's true.
NAS

Post by NAS »

Z6IIAB wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:48 pm
NAS wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:12 am

So, i don't really care if you're mad about it. USA ain't shit. I won't apologize or tone down, because it's true.
Sorry what's true? I'm a little lost on what your toming down too?
Tanagra

Post by Tanagra »

It bothers me more than a little that COVID-19 doesn't exist in Sinfest, so masks are there for no particular reason making them only a sign of oppression.
Russly

Post by Russly »

No, no, it's just that this is a comic that's been around far longer than Covid. And, unlike the virus, it is fictional, and therefore gets to abide by its own rules. But, like Trump, the comic does at least acknowledge the virus. That is probably what's missed out on....

-Russly