On Louie CK

Talk about whatever
Russly

On Louie CK

Post by Russly »

I'm going to preface this with the fact that the man and I both went to Newton North High (not at the same time, of course). I'm not defending him and I don't have to-- he... survived Me Too, so far. And so from that viewpoint I instead aim
to explain his remaining presence at this point, if that makes any sense.

In fact, the comparison is to Tat. When I looked up articles on Louie's whereabouts earlier, the web basically came back with "he's opening up about what happened there." Slowly, but surely? And one notable line stuck out to me, him talking about how he had to adjust to eating alone in restaurants with lots of angry stares. The weight of the world on him.

And this is, quizzically enough, an issue shared by Tat. Maybe not in restaurants but in chatrooms, forums, news sites.... Since going feminist oriented, Tat faced his own outrage from his demographic. They both identify with the actual rejection of the world at large. How amazing is it that such opposite characters wind up in the exact same position?

As it turns out, science is demonstrating that the pain of rejection can in fact be perceived as worse than physical harm. If the Louies of the world keep being the butt end of all Tat's jokes, and the Tats of the world remain the butt end of Louie's, well.... Let's just say I give props to Tat to running the gamut again.

Meaning, if you really think the past few weeks' or months' strips address -only- feminism.... Er, you don't need me to tell you what your triggers are? I'm just here for the ride!

-Russly
Russly

Re: On Louie CK

Post by Russly »

Or, in other words, especially the last few days... the comic has been getting me to laugh quite a bit!

-Russly