July 3, 2019: Threats 21

Talk about the comic
Z6IIAB

July 3, 2019: Threats 21

Post by Z6IIAB »

this conveys well the absurditity self-ID can lead to. Some men really just can't admit they are an oppressive group at all, huh?
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
crawlerX

Re: July 3, 2019: Threats 21

Post by crawlerX »

Interesting is that the girl has piercings above her eye. To my knowledge, in the prostitution industry (please forgive my wording, english is not my mother tongue) placing piercings and tattoos on prostitues is some kind of "ownership sign" of pimps. Something completely inhuman.
pingupingu

Post by pingupingu »

crawlerX wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:26 pm Interesting is that the girl has piercings above her eye. To my knowledge, in the prostitution industry (please forgive my wording, english is not my mother tongue) placing piercings and tattoos on prostitues is some kind of "ownership sign" of pimps. Something completely inhuman.
That's a stretch.
Foxgloves

Post by Foxgloves »

pingupingu wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:59 am
crawlerX wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:26 pm Interesting is that the girl has piercings above her eye. To my knowledge, in the prostitution industry (please forgive my wording, english is not my mother tongue) placing piercings and tattoos on prostitues is some kind of "ownership sign" of pimps. Something completely inhuman.
That's a stretch.
I haven't heard of pimps employing piercings, but yes, some pimps will tattoo women to signfiy ownership. I know several prostitution survivors who had tattoos on their bodies from pimps. Some get them removed, some don't, some alter them by putting different tattoos over the old ones. The tattoos may signify her "belonging" to a certain criminal gang as well. That's not fiction, that's real.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

Foxgloves wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:41 am
pingupingu wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:59 am
That's a stretch.
I haven't heard of pimps employing piercings, but yes, some pimps will tattoo women to signfiy ownership. I know several prostitution survivors who had tattoos on their bodies from pimps. Some get them removed, some don't, some alter them by putting different tattoos over the old ones. The tattoos may signify her "belonging" to a certain criminal gang as well. That's not fiction, that's real.
woah!

I did not know that.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
Foxgloves

Post by Foxgloves »

Z6IIAB wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:23 am woah!

I did not know that.
Here is just one example: Sandra Norak is a German prostitution survivor. At the very beginning of the video she shows a photo of the tattoo her pimp made her get. There are no English subs and don't think I can add any (not open for submissions), auto generated look alright. Right at the start she says "my pimp always tattooed 'his' women with dragon imagery".
pingupingu

Post by pingupingu »

Foxgloves wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:41 am I haven't heard of pimps employing piercings, but yes, some pimps will tattoo women to signfiy ownership. I know several prostitution survivors who had tattoos on their bodies from pimps. Some get them removed, some don't, some alter them by putting different tattoos over the old ones. The tattoos may signify her "belonging" to a certain criminal gang as well. That's not fiction, that's real.
I simply mean that it's a stretch to take the eyebrow jewelry as Tash indicating pimp ownership.

I'm well aware that branding - whether by tattoo or literal brand - is rife in sexually trafficked prostitution.
crawlerX

Post by crawlerX »

pingupingu wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:03 pm I simply mean that it's a stretch to take the eyebrow jewelry as Tash indicating pimp ownership.

I'm well aware that branding - whether by tattoo or literal brand - is rife in sexually trafficked prostitution.
Yes, that's a bit of a stretch of course. I don't know if this was intentional, but since I just recently read about the "tradition" of marking people to show ownership and I especially read about piercings, I thought this could be a hint by Tatsuya to address this ^^
Vancore

Post by Vancore »

crawlerX wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:02 pm
pingupingu wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:03 pm I simply mean that it's a stretch to take the eyebrow jewelry as Tash indicating pimp ownership.

Yes, that's a bit of a stretch of course. I don't know if this was intentional, but since I just recently read about the "tradition" of marking people to show ownership and I especially read about piercings, I thought this could be a hint by Tatsuya to address this ^^
The outfit seems to scream ownership more than the peircings do. Since she's the only one sporting them (at least on that eye) their more of a indecator of self identity rather than conformity.
pingupingu

Post by pingupingu »

Vancore wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:25 am The outfit seems to scream ownership more than the peircings do. Since she's the only one sporting them (at least on that eye) their more of a indecator of self identity rather than conformity.
That's my impression as well. The head-coverings are totally "Handmaids Tale" but the eyebrow jewelry is more inline with the "be different" messaging.
CopperRose

Post by CopperRose »

Mentos! The fresh maker!

Sorry, I had to.
She works hard for the money.
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

CopperRose wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:33 am Mentos! The fresh maker!

Sorry, I had to.
🤣🤣🤣