Thank you for Sinfest

Talk about the comic
BabyFem

Thank you for Sinfest

Post by BabyFem »

Hello there!

I don't wanna come off as too sappy, but I have something I'd like to tell Tatsuya Ishida, if he's reading our posts.

I just wanted to thank him for making Sinfest what it is today. As silly as it may sound, I just discovered this comic, but it already means a lot to me that it exists. I can connect with a few of the female characters in the story on close levels, plus the messages given by this comic have made me look at the world around me more critically, as well as my own personal life. Suddenly, I'm beginning to see many of the world's truths for what they really are, and I'm just grateful that something as simple as a comic could help to wake me up with its clever usage of metaphors and examples. Somehow it translated in my brain to show me how prevalent misogyny really is within our society today (in America, but especially in other countries too).

So, once again, I want to thank the author of this comic for everything that he has done thus far and will do in the future. Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
BabyFem
Cheap Perfume

Re: Thank you for Sinfest

Post by Cheap Perfume »

The author favors a radical feminist perspective over everything else currently, suffice to say you’re not exactly getting an unbiased opinion; particularly with how sinfest portrays misogyny in our culture.

A radical perspective is hardly ever an intelligent, or just take.

Take care
La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli
Tatsuya Ishida
Site Admin

Post by Tatsuya Ishida »

BabyFem,

You're very welcome! I'm so happy my comic helped you. Thanks for sharing! :)
Velgar

Post by Velgar »

It is indeed excellent work that showcases the other side of the many debates we currently have.

But I'm afraid I have to agree with Perfume here that while it's the opposites we should study, learn and understand, it's the happy medium that we all should strive for.

Some times when shots are fired, all it takes is one well placed shot from the other side to end the rampage. Many a times it is said that you need fire to fight fire. But at the end of day you'll be just left with corpses and burnt bridges in those cases. ^^"

Still, the comic has many good things going for it. It's well drawn, updates regularly as heck, has a lot of character and a lot to say, and a lot of it is indeed on point, if not a bit exaggerated. So sprinkle some salt on it and you'll actually have quite tasty piece of work in front of you. :D
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

BabyFem wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:01 pm Hello there!

I don't wanna come off as too sappy, but I have something I'd like to tell Tatsuya Ishida, if he's reading our posts.

I just wanted to thank him for making Sinfest what it is today. As silly as it may sound, I just discovered this comic, but it already means a lot to me that it exists. I can connect with a few of the female characters in the story on close levels, plus the messages given by this comic have made me look at the world around me more critically, as well as my own personal life. Suddenly, I'm beginning to see many of the world's truths for what they really are, and I'm just grateful that something as simple as a comic could help to wake me up with its clever usage of metaphors and examples. Somehow it translated in my brain to show me how prevalent misogyny really is within our society today (in America, but especially in other countries too).

So, once again, I want to thank the author of this comic for everything that he has done thus far and will do in the future. Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
BabyFem
Hello! I can relate with your post a lot! Thought I'm a long time reader, sinfest also helped me get some insights about feminism in a fun and didatic way ^^!

If you wanna read more about the themes tackled in the webcomic I can reccomend you check this post: https://www.sinfest.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=337 it has a handful of articles that might come in handy ^^! And don't be afraid of thinking critically and reading about radical feminism. It's a very thoughtful way to understand sexism and misogyny, and also a sober approach.

Anyways, seek information and never stop questioning \o! Don't let people bully you just because you disagree with the mainstream. All knowledge is good knowledge!

Welcome to the fest \o/!
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.