2019-03-21. Depression 29

Talk about the comic
CopperRose

Post by CopperRose »

Fair point. Though in this strip, the devil seems to have somewhat more complex motivations - he picked Blue and Fuschia out of the Hell Hole after Blue almost beat up a patron.
I agree with him having complex motivations.

But maybe he saw something that we the readers haven't. After all Baby Blue, the one that beat up the patron, was the one who eventually got promoted to D-Man's no. 2.

Something about Blue's fire, he may have seen some used for it.

Also Fuchsia with her beauty and wiles. Fuchsia seem to be the one the patrons were trying to get a peek at of the most. Remember, she was quite the seductress before Crim won her heart.
She works hard for the money.
Cheat

Post by Cheat »

Geist wrote:Strange that they want to be heard by having you speak on their behalf, human beings with agency that they are.
...what? Are you okay there?
Geist

Post by Geist »

Cheat wrote:
Geist wrote:Strange that they want to be heard by having you speak on their behalf, human beings with agency that they are.
Yep.
Stop claiming to defend people's agency, only to try and talk on their behalf like they're sock puppets.
Cheat

Post by Cheat »

Geist wrote:
Cheat wrote:
Yep.
Stop claiming to defend people's agency, only to try and talk on their behalf like they're sock puppets.
Except of course, that I didn't. It's a little concerning that being told to listen to people gets you all defensive, I mean we are on the same side here, there was no antagonism intended. It honestly sounds like you are mocking the idea that sex workers have agency, but I could be reading too much into it.
Geist

Post by Geist »

You know you have no logical footing, wanting to defend the romanticism/positivity in objectification so you're picking at peripherals like tone.

You're basically appealing to my humanity to defend a position that fundamentally requires ignoring your humanity and that of others. Do you see how utterly nonsensical and hypocritical that is?

We aren't on the same side and I'm done giving you a spotlight to whine on.
Cheat

Post by Cheat »

Geist wrote:You know you have no logical footing, wanting to defend the romanticism/positivity in objectification so you're picking at peripherals like tone.

You're basically appealing to my humanity to defend a position that fundamentally requires ignoring your humanity and that of others. Do you see how utterly nonsensical and hypocritical that is?

We aren't on the same side and I'm done giving you a spotlight to whine on.
Listening to people = Ignoring their humanity apparently
You're extrapolating a lot of negativity from what I'm saying and reading between the lines way too much. I never said anything about sex work nor defended it which I have to assume you think I have done, because all you have done is insult me.
You are right, so long as you behave in this way, this conversation should not continue.